In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 3 of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 (10 of 1955), the Central Government hereby makes the following order, namely;
1. Short title, extent and commencement :-
- a. This order may be called the Insecticides (Price, Stock Display and Submission of Reports) Order, 1986.
- b. It extends to the whole of India.
- c. It shall come into force with immediate effect.
2. Definition :- In this Order, unless the context otherwise requires, --
3. Manufacturer and dealer to display stock and price list of insecticides :-
Every manufacturer or a dealer who makes or offers to make a retail sale of any insecticide shall prominently display in his place of business;
- a.the quantities of stock of different insecticides held by him on daily basis;
- b. a list of prices or rates of such insecticides for the time being in force.
4. Manufacturers and dealers to give memorandum to purchasers :-
Every manufacturer or a dealer shall give a cash or credit memorandum to a purchaser of an insecticide in such form as the Controller may direct.
5. Manufacturers to comply with certain requirements in regard to packing etc. :
6. Maintenance of records and submission of returns etc.:-
The Controller May, by an order in writing , direct the manufacturer or the dealer or any class thereof,-
- a.To maintain such book, accounts and record relating to the manufacture and sale of insecticides in such form as he may specify;
- b. To submit to such authority returns or statement in such form and containing such information and within such time as he may specify;
- c.To produce such stocks accounts, or records, when so required for inspection , before the Controller or the Inspector of Insecticides or any other authority as may be specified by the Controller in this behalf.
7. Service of orders and directions
Any order or direction made or issued by the Controller or by any other authority under that order may be served in the manner provided in sub-section (5) of Section 3 of the Act.